What is Petite Provisions?
Petite Provisions is an organic baby food delivery service designed for busy parents who want to feed their children healthy, high-quality meals.
Petite Provisions offers a comprehensive assortment of organic meals and snacks for your growing baby, from stages one to three, delivered right to your door.
- Design a desktop site.
- Develop a clickable prototype to be shown to stakeholders, investors, and to be tested by focus groups.
- Create a site homepage for subscribers to sign-up for a newsletter.
Why Petite Provisions:
- Research tells us that nutrition is critical during the first thousand days of a baby’s development; from conception through their second year.
- Children cross huge developmental milestones and need key nutrients to fuel their growth.
Why go organic?
- Organic baby food products are in demand due to its many benefits.
- It contains no chemicals, pesticides, preservatives, hormones, or antibiotics.
- Many stipulations govern the manufacture, packaging, and labeling of organic baby food.
- All the cereals must be grown without using chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Dairy and poultry products are derived from livestock, which are fed organic feed and not administered growth hormones.
- The foods, once prepared, contain no preservatives, artificial flavors or colors, or other additives.
Petite Provisions’ baby food is divided into 3 three stages:
What does the research say?
- The top four emerging trends driving the global baby food and infant formula market are:
- Packaging and innovation
- Growing popularity of organic baby food
- Expansion of product portfolios by vendors
- Increase in online purchasing
Millennials are the largest population of consumers who buy baby food online.
What about the competition?
To create our persona’s we concluded that women were most likely to purchase baby food online. We arrived at this conclusion by analyzing data from a Google Data Pull regarding online shopper demographics.
The next step was user research. We interview several moms, and compiled key takeaways from our conversations.
- Demographics of 65K-80K were willing to spend more on the baby food their child preferred, or on better quality organic or all natural foods.
- Moms had babies that developed at a different pace then set stages. They ordered multiple stage items at any given purchase.
- Moms wanted the option of a variety/sampler pack before purchasing food in bulk.
- Average purchase order sizes ranged from 6-10 packs of individual flavors, and combo packs of 20-24+ with the option to mix and match flavors.
- Moms purchased baby food based on serving sizes and number of servings. Were not concerned about set meal times in terms of breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Most Moms liked discounts for bulk purchases, reward programs, and coupons.
- Purchasing frequency ranged from every 2 weeks to every month.
With out key takeaways, we developed the following personas:
For the official site design we started with our Trial Pack user flow:
Then we continued with our Return-User user flow:
Next was the Check Out user flow:
Once we developed our user flows, we were able to create a layout for a site map.
As we delved into the site design, we started with sketches, which soon morphed into our official site.
Below is the official Style Guide which details the color, font, and typography of our site.
After we completed our site design, and completed the first iteration of the clickable prototype, it was necessary to conduct some user testing. Below is a direct quote from one of our users.
For the clickable prototype, the user was tasked with the following:
- Sign-up Sarah and Chase for trial packs. Then add 1 pack of Stage 2 Squash and Zucchini. Also, add 1 pack of Stage 3 Cheddar Pancetta Mini-Quiches then checkout.
- Log-in and edit Sarah’s Box, removing Stage 1 Apricot and adding Stage 2 Strawberry Banana.
- Log-in, and change the delivery schedule to every 3 weeks.
- Log-in and add a 1 pack of Stage 2 Squash and Zucchini to your next order, then checkout.
Going forward we intend to develop a tablet version of the Petite Provisions site, as well create an app for Petite Provisions.
Feel free to explore the final version of our prototype: https://invis.io/EPAH7ZSJ7. Enjoy!